From the romantic snowy scenery to the cozyness of a fireplace or a fur shawl, winter weddings bring a totally different kind of magic. However, there are a few things you want to keep in mind if your dream wedding has a winter wonderland backdrop.
- You need to take care of your hair and skin differently then you do in the warmer weather. As you know you will be in an out of the warmth of your home or office. Going from hot to cold and back again takes a toll on not only your skin but your hair too! Remember, hydration is key! You need to make sure that you are using the correct moisturizer and cleanser. Now you don’t want to change your entire routine the week of your wedding, we don’t want a sudden break out or reaction. However, you want to make sure that what you are using is not drying you out. Hydration is the key to your makeup lasting. Stay away from hair products with a lot of alcohol. The alcohol will dry your hair out even more. Work with your hairdresser and get regular conditioning treatments to keep your locks smooth and luscious.
- Opt for a hairstyle that will hold up in the elements. Remember we live in New England, the weather is ever-changing and you never know what to expect. If you want to take pictures outside have a back-up plan if the weatherman is predicting a lot of wind. If rain is in the forecast (fingers crossed it isn’t) have a rain safe option. Depending on how your hair handles moisture in the air- remember that snow can have the same effect as rain or excessive humidity. Make sure you are up front with your stylist and let them know how your hair reacts.
- Winter wedding- play with some color! In the spring and summer brides often opt for lighter colors for nails and lip. With a winter wedding you can dial-up the drama. Think burgundy on your lips or nails. If bold color is not something that you are used to, use your trial as a time to experiment. Try colors that you might not have considered normally. After all, this is what your trial is for!
Just a few other things to remember
- Keep getting your hair trimmed- it doesn’t help if you have been growing your hair out for months and months and the ends are all frayed
- Do not try new skincare products the week of the wedding
- Hydration and rest is key to looking your best on your wedding day!